Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Denial, maybe a dash of reality…

Because I miss you even when you are around
It’s that smile, it makes my heart skip a round
I am happy, perhaps sad, rather confused, but content
Sometimes not ever knowing is better bliss than the truth
Denial! Denial!
There’s a nagging inside of me, wanting to know who I am
Who I am to you and us who we’ll be
Flying around in circles until I get nauseated
I keep refreshing the moments to look for inklings
But when morning hits and I see ‘em all in clear bright light
You ain’t there, I don’t see you on the other side anymore
Reality strikes
I am happy, perhaps sad, rather confused, but content
Sometimes holding on to that last breakable string
Is utterly what we need
When life blurs up and fogs around
An uncertain coup is the last drop of vim
Not knowing us is, I deem (with an inch of anticipation)
Is what makes all such worth the trance…

No comments:

Post a Comment