Thursday, March 29, 2012

Engaño (Deception)



She’s twisted, turned, delusions in her head
She races toward the mirage, the shadow so blur
But oh so clear from the sidewalk path
Where she stands
Feet planted on the dirt crusted earth
Clutching on the pound of life she’s got left behind
She runs
Hunts,
The illusion…
Half way through the chase, she stops, turns back
And takes in through her hallucination that it is nothing but a dream
A salient vision, maybe a thought, she can’t say
She wouldn’t know
“It’s like walking towards the rainbow
A ray of sun I try to contain”
She sobs
“When I reach thus far, it is naught but dew drops,
Nay but a light, that brightens my darkness yet it cannot be held
The night will come
Inevitable
And the darkness…aye it cannot be undone”
She shrugs…
“What becomes of me, if the sun doesn’t rise again?
There will be no light
No reason for life
I may not see my mirages to boot
Because with no light, nothing will be visible
What becomes of me with no color?
Will all be black or white?
Like a page from the news or maybe a dull brown
Like the autumn ground?”


Engaño!”
She cries
“I feel so deceived… alone…. yo mismo
Mislead
When I wake up will the light be gone?”
But she smiles, out of liking, out of dread
Out of confusion perhaps
‘coz fear, she ponders, is life unsought,
Fight not fought
Doubt is none but days unlived
And land not walked”
The light may dim, maybe when the morning dawns
Or when her life is done
But no fear nor hoodwinking sight
The twist of karma or the panic of the night
No forlorn paths she treaded can pause
The days lived, the loves mislead, the tears shred, or the joys sensed
Vida
It’s a battle
Delusions lead the way

No comments:

Post a Comment